Pont St Mews
Our client wanted the very best audio and visual quality for watching TV or listening to music throughout their seven-bedroom mews property in Knightsbridge in London, without wires and devices intruding on the home’s beautiful interior design.
Electric String created a bespoke solution to suit the client’s needs – blending the very best technology seamlessly into the space.
The Electric String system included:
- Crestron Pro3 Processor – The heart of the system, total control of all products via mini iPads with bespoke interface designed by the client
- Crestron DM 8×8 Video Matrix – A Matrix capable of receiving 8 individual video sources and distributing them throughout the property to 8 individual rooms
- CISCO Meraki MR34 WAP – Award-winning wireless access points throughout the property maintaining a perfect connection for all the family’s devices
- Meridian’s DSP320 in-ceiling loudspeakers – in the main media room for outstanding performance with 85mm wide-range driver and an oval bass driver to deliver sound that remains clear, open and spacious, even at high listening levels
- Sooloos music platform – award-winning audio platform that integrates with any existing audio system and supports NAS devices – offering a huge range of control options for greater installation flexibility
- Meridian Control 15 touchscreen – the Control 15 features the most intuitive and beautifully designed touchscreen interface and was integrated into the Crestron system as a touch panel
- Amina invisible speakers – By installing Amina AIW550 plaster in speakers, the client is able to listen to music throughout the property without the speakers being on show. Each one was carefully positioned and plastered into the ceiling making them invisible.
How Electric String worked with the client
The client wanted the best possible solution using the best products available. They were very knowledgeable of the manufacturers they wanted to use but less knowledgeable in how to bring the best products from their ranges together.
Because the property was two old mews houses joined together we were limited for floor space, so we chose to use ceiling speakers for all the audio presentation. We chose Meridian in the main media room as this needed a more powerful, fuller sound than other rooms. In other rooms, including all bedrooms, we chose the Amina plaster in speakers for background music.
As the system would be used for video as well as music, we installed a matrix to distribute High Definition video to all areas where we installed Slim HD TV’s on-wall brackets; the video feed was complemented with audio from the Amina speakers installed into the ceiling.
We integrated a multiroom streaming platform with the Crestron control system, which controls sub-systems throughout the property, using an intuitive touchscreen to provide the interface.
Benefits of the system
Easy to use, one interface system, fully controllable from the client’s existing iPad or iPhone.
Meridian’s DSP320 loudspeaker contains all the electronics within the speaker, including digital audio converters and two integral, powerful 80W class amplifiers for wide-range and bass drivers. This means there is no need for any amplification equipment in the rack, saving yet more space.
The award-winning Sooloos platform controls the system, which enables fantastic audio performance and access to a huge library of music from CDs or internet streaming services.
Our innovative setup significantly simplified controlling the AV and integrated systems in the property, as it could all be done from one platform.
The result is superior audio quality and absolute synchronisation of audio and video, so the actor’s lips are never out of time with the sound.
Qubed, which plans and executes major projects across construction and property sectors throughout the world, says: “Qubed were involved in this exciting project from inception through to completion acting as both the employer’s agent and quantity surveyor. Having worked with Electric String before on a number of prestige high-residential properties in London, we had no hesitation in introducing them to our client.”
“This private overseas-based client trusted Electric String to lead the design and installation of the AV systems over three apartments which were turned into a large single dwelling over three levels. The project was finished to the highest contemporary standards as befits a property in Knightsbridge.” Ian Grant, Qubed.