When global marketing agency MullenLowe Group moved into its new headquarters at the C-Space building – a converted carpet factory in the heart of East London’s Tech City – it required an audio visual solution that not only delivered cutting-edge technology but integrated with the office’s modern industrial design.
The company needed the highest quality signal distribution to 18 zones coupled with a simple to use, adaptable and flexible system that would allow content tobe shared via numerous edit suites, meeting rooms and executive offices.
Electric String provided a fully integrated solution that not only exceeded the needs and expectations of MullenLowe Group – which counts Unilever and the Post Office as its clients – but resulted in a top industry award for the project.
Teaming up with technical partner Crestron, Electric String provided a system that would improve audio and video quality, streamline the process of editing interactive content and enhance working practices.
The Electric String/Crestron system included:
- A Crestron DigitalMedia Switcher – a fully 4K compliant 32×32 DM matrix for video distribution –offering ultra-fast digital video and audio switching, and lossless HD multiroom signal distribution, for all types of AV sources.
- Two Crestron SWAMPI24X8 – fully-scalable audio distribution systems (Crestron SWAMPI24X) that deliver high-output audiophile sound quality to every room with reduced cabling, low power consumption, advanced DSP and integrator-friendly setup.
- DM-RMC-4K-SCALER-C room receivers – providing a controller and interface for an HD or 4K display device as part of a complete DigitalMedia System.
- SAROS pendants for speakers – the central control achieved with a PRO3 processor
- A DMPS-4K-150-C that provides an ultra high-definition presentation switcher and three AMP-2210T high-output power amplifiers in the boardroom
- Full control of lighting and blinds within the boardroom from a mini iPad located on a desk mounted launch port charging cradle
How Electric String worked with the client
In order to meet the extremely tight deadline and minimise time on site, Electric String built the complete system at its workshop, fully programmed it and invited the client in for factory acceptance prior to shipping.
In addition to streamlining the installation, this process allowed MullenLowe to experience the system prior to commissioning which meant that there were no surprises at the end of the project. The system was delivered to site and installed within days.
Benefits of the system
Prior to the Electric String/Crestron system, film edit suit content was only accessible by transferring saved copies of edits to individual laptops which made the whole process cumbersome. The client now has the ability to directly access content from the film edit suites and see content “live”, which enables true collaborative working to be achieved.
Interactive, content coupled, meetings and presentations can be achieved with virtually zero user input. This has seen a large increase in the technology being used compared to their previous system which was complicated and not user friendly. This improves the offering from the agency which is increasingly involved in digital content branding.
The administration iPads enable complete flexibility for facilities management to control the system as a whole, making working practices more efficient and allowing content management to be dynamically distributed.
The quality of both the audio and video is a vast improvement on previous systems which enhances the reputation of the client in an increasingly competitive digital world.
“Electric String managed to provide the end user with an end-to-end fully integrated Crestron solution within a very challenging time frame. To do this using Crestron’s best in class technology including Crestron’s award winning 4K DM technology in such a professional way really impressed the judges who unanimously agreed that Electric String should win the 2016 Crestron Integration Award in the Best Corporate Installation Category.”
Petra van Meeuwen, customer media relations director at Creston.
“Studio Octopi worked with client MullenLowe Group on a six-month programme to deliver a 46,000sqft CAT B fit-out on time and budget. The AV installation was extensive and complicated because of the various agencies all coming together in one building. Throughout the process Electric String were creative in suggesting kit that was both appropriate to the project’s aesthetic and innovative. Production of information and attendance on site were all exemplary. We would have no hesitation in putting them forward for future projects with the practice.”
Chris Romer-Lee at Studio Octopi, architect and project co-founder.