Our client’s brief was to provide a ‘21st century living culture’ within their family home in Lincolnshire, utilising the very latest in audio visual technology and systems, while keeping it discreet and an easy user experience.
The Electric String system included:
- Crestron PRO3 Processor – an enterprise-class control system that forms the core of any modern networked home; managing and integrating all the different technologies
- HD Connectivity 8×8 Matrix – HDBaseT-Pro matrix that provides 4K/UHD video, a total of 8 input sources that can be routed to 8 separate TVs /screens
- Samsung UHD screens – providing Ultra HD picture quality (eight million pixels are delivered at a resolution 4x greater than Full HD)
- Samsung Blu-ray player – 3D smart Blu-ray player
- Apple TV – Media streaming device enabling download of TV shows/ movies, stream music and photos from your computer via AirPlay
- Sony 4K Projector – delivers the ultimate home cinema experience (up to 60 frames per second are displayed in 4K for smooth pictures with outstanding depth)
- Marrantz AV Receivers – high-quality AV receivers with a stylish design
- Sonos – the wireless system that delivers lossless, high fidelity audio quality
How Electric String worked with the client
Our client is a big fan of Sonos, having enjoyed it in his last property. We were able to provide a more integrated solution using a mixture of Sonos products throughout the property, while utilising the client’s existing products to ensure costs were kept to a minimum. We spent a lot of time with the family to understand their requirements as a whole but also as individuals; some only enjoyed music, some loved both music and video so we tailored areas to suit. We provided knowledge and advice during the initial planning stages and support following the installation.
Benefits of the system
The property is a very large space and needed to be as one living area. By centralising the audio visual system, the family can now watch TV/ movies and listen to music in any room throughout the property. Full control of all these individual products is provided by the Crestron control system GUI (graphical user interface) via a number of iPads. The family is made up of very busy individuals so being able to pause the video/music in one room and have the ability to move to another and play from wherever they left off is considered a massive plus point. Crestron Pyng – technology which simplifies home automation – is used in certain entertainment areas for control of lighting, setting the mood for either a film night or entertaining guests on the large garden veranda.
“We were put in touch with Electric String by the developer of our house and, from the start to finish, I am happy to say that the company has been professional and courteous with a can-do attitude. We established our budget at day one and they carefully matched the system to that.
They had good knowledge, understood our needs and, since the installation, we have had great support from Electric String. They haven’t just installed an AV system, they have become people we can call and trust to help.
We now have an integrated audio visual system throughout the house which is not only beyond our wildest dreams but tailored to our exact personal requirements, with the ability to expand further along with our budget. I cannot recommend them highly enough.”
Mark Newton, homeowner.